Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4.6 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
- Understand Lean & Agile Principles/Values
- Understand Latest SAFe 4.6 Framework
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
Senior Execs, Business Leaders, Product Managers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Developers, Business Associates, Sales Rep and anyone involved as part of Agile teams.
Exam name – SAFe 4 Practitioner Exam
Exam format – Multiple choice, Multiple Select
Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course.
Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions – 45
Passing score – 35 out of 45 (77% passing score)
Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- SAFe Introduction
- Intro to the Scaled Agile Framework™ and Understanding SAFe
- Lean Thinking
- An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow
- Agile Development
- Application of Agile development in the enterprise context. Business Benefits
- SAFe Values & Principles
- Understand Core Principles of SAFe and applying them in the context
- Executing the Program Increment
- Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains — long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- POPM Role in DevOps
Continuously explore customer needs with DevOps
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
- POPM Organizational Responsibilities
- Integrating SAFe in your organization.Leadership skills required to motivate agile teams