What is DevOps Foundation Certification about?
DevOps Foundation is a freestanding certification from the DevOps Institute.
The purpose of this course and its associated exam is to impart, test and validate knowledge of
DevOps basic vocabulary, principles and practices.
DevOps Foundation is intended to provide individuals an understanding of basic DevOps concepts and how DevOps
may be used to improve communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations professionals.
This is a 16Hrs Live Online or 2 days Classroom Training specifically designed for individuals and corporates
to gain a complete understanding of DevOps adoption the right way.
The DevOps Foundation examination is accredited, managed and administered under the strict
protocols and standards of the DevOps Institute’s strategic examination partner PEOPLECERT
What will i Learn ?
- Purpose, objectives and business value of DevOps
- Emerging DevOps Practices such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- The relationship between relevant frameworks and standards and DevOps
- The Deployment Pipeline, DevOps toolchains and other automation considerations
- Responsibilities of key roles and considerations relative to organizational structure
- Getting started ‐ adoption challenges, risks, critical success factors and key performance measures
Who Should Attend
- IT Managers, Developers, Testers, System Architects
- Sys-Admins, DBAs, Data Architects, Business Analysts
- Network Engineers, Data Analysts
What are the Pre-Requisites
- 1-2 Years of working experience on IT projects if planning to implement
- Good Management experience if planning to Strategize DevOps in organisation
About the Exam
- Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate.
- The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
Module: Introduction to DevOps
• What is DevOps and Why do we need DevOps
• Understand CALMS Model of DevOps
• Golden circle
• DevOps and IT Performance
• DevOps and Automation
Module: DevOps Model
Module: DevOps Principles
Demo on CI/CD Pipeline with Git, Jenkins, Maven and Ansible shown on AWS Cloud.
o Flow : Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
o Continuous Experimentation and Learning
Module: DevOps Practices
o Agile Methodologies
o IT Service Management
o Change Management
o Problem Management
o Incident MANAGEMENT
o Release MANAGEMENT
o Principles of Lean Thinking
o Understanding 3 Ms
o DevOps and Lean
Module:Culture & Automation
o Managing Cultural Change
o DevOps Teams
o Promoting Collaboration
o Automation with Virtualization and containers
o DevOps toolchains
Module: Measurements & Sharing
o Metrics to measure Agile, ITSM, lean
o Identifying Wastes
o Sharing Culture